CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Friday, February 1, 2013

But I though Deep Fryers were a no-no...

OK so yes, deep frying is not the healthiest choice, that's a no brainer. But, it seems to me, that a clean fry meal is better than a dirty fry meal, and this is a good way to get rid of those fried food cravings without getting back into the "Crack" of grains.
 
 
 
DEEP FRIED SHRIMP
 
So I have a deep fat fryer, I know, I'm so bad. I have finally put it to use for something clean.  I used olive oil, although the pot recommends not using it.  You could easily accomplish this same recipe in a frying pan as well, just make sure that there's enough oil to cover most of the shrimp.
 
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 bags frozen tail on raw shrimp (we got them at costco)
almond flour
coconut flour
salt, pepper, garlic powder to liking
 
 
Mix all dry ingredients together on a plate.  Beat the eggs in a bowl. Wash shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Roll the shrimp in the egg to fully coat, roll in the flour mixture and drop in the hot oil. (If you are using a frying pan use medium heat, you don't want the flour to burn.)  Cook until batter is brown and shrimp is pink, place on a plate with a papertowel to absorb the left over oil. And enjoy, easy, quick and so so yummy
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment