CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

LASAGNA!!!!!

Branden has been asking for month for me to find a clean lasgna recipe becuase he misses it so much, so here it is, and it's amazing!!!!
 
LASAGNA
 
 
INGREDIENTS:
CHEESE:
    1/2 c almonds
    1/2 thinly sliced onion
    2 cloves garlic
    3 tbsn oregano
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/2+ c water
Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. I should have gotten a picture of that texture for you but I was so eager I forgot. It should look like a ricotta cheese.
 
LAYERS:
1 lbs ground beef browned
1 can clean speghetti sauce
4 large mushrooms, sliced
2 large zuchinnis, thinly sliced (mandolins work great for this) These are your noodles
fresh spinach leaves
 
Brush the zuchinni "noodles" with a light coat of olive oil and grill. I used my broiler pan and my oven at 375 but on the BBQ would be so much better.
 
With all your ingredients start making your layers in an oven safe baking dish. Beef, spinach, mushrooms, zuchinni noodles, and than smear the "cheese" on the "noodles" and cover with a layer of sauce and start all over until your pan is full, ending with the sauce on the top.
 
 
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes and serve. It is by far best hot but still great as leftovers.
You need to try this one you're going to love it, kid tested and approved!!!




 Another great this with this cheese is with the left overs I made an omlette the next morning. Spinach, onions, mushrooms and almond cheese it was so good!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment