CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Sunday, September 9, 2012

If you're in the mood for Mexican...


I must be on a Mexican kick, I found the recipe for the Jicama tacos and, I have to admit, I would easily replace it in my "favorite Mexican alternative". This was great. The spices are dependant on the flavor that you like, so I've listed the ones I used that turned out great but it's definately a personal thing.


Meat Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1 diced sweet onion
2 spoonfuls diced garlic
1 large diced red bell pepper
olive oil
cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, oregano

In a frying pan, heat the oil add onions and garlic until browning, add some cumin, salt and pepper just to lightly cover. Add peppers than add meat and cook until fully done adding spices throughout the process. (I probably used 2 tbsn. cumin, 1 tbns paprika and 2 tsp of chili powder and oregano, and salt and pepper throughout.) I'll make sure I measure next time (Sorry!!!)
Set aside when done.

Salad Dressing Ingredients: (thanks to "paleo Effect" with a little changes)
1/4 C paleo mayo
1/4 coconut milk
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Thyme
salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together until smooth, it will be a little running than your average dressing but very yummy!!!!

FINALLY, put a handful (or 2 depending on how hungry you are :)  ) of sweet potato chips on the bottom of the plate, cover with your favorite lettuce (I used romaine) scope a few spoonfuls of your seasoned meat on the top, a dollop of your favorite salsa on the top and drizzle the dressing around. 
Quick, easy, really tasty and clean what more could you ask for! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment