CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chicken Fried caulirice

Ok so I know in my last post I said chicken isn't my favorite, and honestly it's not, but apparently I'm going nuts with it this month. I made a chicken fried rice the other day that I just love, thanks to Carley and her wonderful use of cauliflower, I have been putting it in everything, a breakfast scramble, steak fajitas, stuffing, (all to be posted later). It is so veristale and just plain yummy. It took me forever to finally make this amazingly simple carb but now that I've tried it, I'm going crazy!!

INGREDIENTS:
1 tbsn olive oil
3 chicken breast cut into strips
2 tbsn olive oil
1/2 head cauliflower grated on a cheese grater
1/2 onion sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large carrots peeled and sliced
3 celery stalks sliced
4 small peices of broccoli minced
1 egg
1 to 2 tsp soy sauce. (I use wheat free soy sauce (tamara) found in super one, pilgrams and I think Fred Meyer.)









Grate the cauliflower and spread it on a plate microwave for 3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper cook strips in 1 tbsn oil until brown, set aside. in frying pan or wok, add the rest of the oil, throw in garlic and onions and brown. Add all vegys and stir fry until they start to get tender, add soy sauce to egg and beat until mixed up than add egg mixture and cooked chicken. Stir until egg is cooked and serve hot!










This pic is without the chicken I actually made this as a side for some pork chops and it was perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment