CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My First Fresh Steps Box

There were several great things about my first experience with Fresh Steps. Here are the top 5 reasons why I love this company!



1. I got WAY more produce than I thought I was going to get.



2. All the fruit and veggies were ripe and ready to eat.



3. Nothing was old, bruised or in any way inedible.



4. They used a box with a plastic bag and they ask you to return the boxes at your next pick up making them an environmentally friendly company.



5. The variety was great and it inspired me to get creative with the meals I prepared (recipes to come!)






Here is what I got in my box:





1 huge head cabbage


1 huge head leaf lettuce


1 celery


2 yellow squash


3 bell peppers


1 bunch cilantro


1/2# cherries


1 pkg blueberries


4 Fuji apples


2 Oranges


2 apricots


3 nectarines


It was all organic and locally raised. I averaged out what I would have paid for the organic produce at the store and it came out to over $40.00 I got all the above mentioned produce for $22.00!!!! They are running a promotion for the first 4 boxes at that price! What a great deal! Go check them out, also Crossfit is hosting a pickup location so you can get it while you are at the gym, I know convenient right?!?! http://www.freshstepsonline.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment