CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Make Your Own (You'll be glad you did!)

At times in the past I have used pre-packaged taco seasoning in my cooking, I am vowing here and now to N-E-V-E-R never do that again. I will not be lazy and take the extra two minutes to make a healthy choice for me and my family! Ok, I'll admit that was a little dramatic, but check out the ingredients for a typical pre-packaged taco seasoning:

Say what? Do you really want to be eating all that junk? My rule of thumb is that if you can't say it, don't eat it! Plus did you see that it has MSG? Millions of people suffer from allergic reactions to MSG and aren't even aware of what causes their symptoms.

Now take a look at the ingredients below. Wholesome, healthy, I can say all the names and it is actually more cost effective to make your own. Plus, as a bonus the taste doesn't even compare. How long do the pre-packaged ones stay on the shelf anyway? Winning!




I Can Read The Words Taco Seasoning


1 tsp Salt

2 tsp Onion Powder

1tsp Chili Powder

1/2 tsp Red Pepper (or crushed pepper flakes)

1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

1/4 tsp Oregano

1 tsp Cumin

2 comments:

Linsey said...

yum! gonna try it next time i make tacos!

Jenn Shell said...

Lol I lovethe name! Looksso pretty w all those bright colors can't wait to try it

Post a Comment