CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Monday, May 23, 2011

Fancy Chicken Fingers

After I grossed you all out with the post on how chicken nuggets are made, I felt bad, like I was taking a little piece of your childhood away; or worse yet, making it so your children never experience the delightful chicken nugget. I had to remedy this by coming up with something even better than a nugget, and I think I succeeded!

Now I do realize that chicken don't have fingers just like chickens don't have nuggets but, I didn't want you to associate these tasty little morsels with the pink goo, so there you have it... Fancy. Chicken. Fingers.

Fancy Chicken Fingers
1/4 C. Sesame seeds
1/2 C. Coconut flakes
1/2 tsp. each: Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
1 C. Sweet potato puree (I used organic canned potatoes that I found in the health food section)
1 Egg
1# Chicken Tenders or breast meat cut into strips
Coconut oil-to coat bottom of skillet for frying

Cut your chicken into strips and season with the salt and a little pepper. Put the coconut in a blender with the sesame seeds and spices (excluding salt) and pulse until broken up, but not too long or it will turn into a paste. Mix the egg into the sweet potato puree. Set yourself up a station near your frying pan.

Dip the chicken into the sweet potato and coat well. Toss into the coconut/sesame seed mixture, again coat very well.


Heat the coconut oil, and keep it over medium heat. Fry the fingers for about 4 minutes on each side. I ate all the fingers before I got a final picture, on the bright side, they were REALLY good, on the sad side, you will have to take my word for it and make them yourself to see the finished result!

0 comments:

Post a Comment