CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Here's To The Baconator

There happens to be a lovely girl (who dominates the kids class by the way) who is known as "The Baconator." She like myself, has a huge love for bacon. I saw the idea of wrapping meatloaf in bacon on Rachael Ray; although, she made hers with bread crumbs soaked in milk and various other poison's. I made mine squeaky clean, and I have to say it was delicious! This recipe makes a giant meatloaf and was enough food for 2 dinners for hubby and I, plus lunch for me...


Spinach Fire Roasted Tomato Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf


2# Ground Beef

1 C. Frozen Spinach- run under hot water in a colander and squeeze all the liquid out before measuring.

1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes- drained in colander

2 Eggs

1 Tsp Salt

1/2 Tsp. each Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Pepper

1/2 Large onion- chopped finely

3 Cloves Garlic- minced

1 12oz Package Bacon


Mix all the ingredients together, excluding the tomatoes. Mix well and add the tomatoes last gently folding them in to keep them in large chunks.



Shape your meatloaf into a log on a cookie sheet



Cover with the bacon. I laid it across the top diagonally, slightly overlapping it. Lay strips of bacon around the bottom edge to keep the bacon from folding up on the sides.


Backe at 375 degrees for approx. 1 hour. I used a digital thermometer and cooked it until it had an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Once it is cooked through, turn the broiler on high and crisp up the bacon to your liking. I think the crispier the better!



Are you kidding me with how good that looks?!!?









4 comments:

Jenn Shell said...

OMG!!!! That looks beautiful and mouthwatering yumminess. We're going to try it this week, "The Baconator" is very excited.

Jenn Shell said...

Carley, I made this for our Sunday family dinner with my parents and brother, it was amazing!!!! We were fighting over the last peice, next time Ill now to make at least 2

Linsey said...

that is headed straight to the top of my "to make" list!

Anonymous said...

Two pounds of ground beef? or 1?

Post a Comment