CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Friday, March 18, 2011

Do Chickens Have Nuggets?


What do you think this is? Does it look like delicious strawberry ice cream??? Well it's NOT... What you are looking at folks is mechanically separated chicken... Yeah, that's right CHICKEN! This is what we are eating when we put naughty food into our bodies like chicken nuggets, chicken patties and a range of other pseudo chicken products.
Basically what you have here is the whole chicken, blood, guts, eyeballs and yes even legs all mashed and ground up. It comes out looking like this pink cotton candy crap we have to the left. Next they wash it with ammonia, well more like give it a bath in ammonia. After its ammonia bath they re-flavor it to taste like chicken, because who wants to eat pink ammonia flavored goo. Lastly, they add artificial color to make it "look" like chicken again... Now next time you feel like going through the drive thru to get a 20 piece chicken nugget for $4.99, think of the pink goo and you just might make a healthier choice!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!! That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen and heard of I don't think I could ever let my kids get chicken nuggets again!!! Gonna be sick

Danno said...

Thanks for the post Carley - I'm going to print out, and give copy to my buds that are still feeding this stuff to their kidlings . . .

Jenn Shell said...

This is ssssoooo nasty!!!! I don't think I'll ever be able to eat a chicken nugget ever again.

Tiffany said...

This is one of the most horrible things i have ever seen!

Carley said...

I know, right?!?!

Post a Comment