CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Carnitas

You asked for it and here it is, more slow cooker meals! This recipe is so easy I almost didn't post it, but my hubby was raving over how good it is so I thought I would share it. We ate this plain and on a lettuce leaf taco style. I also made a simple veggie slaw and topped it with the warm pork and it was to die for! Maybe you will think of a special way of eating it, post your ideas to the comments.

Pork Carnitas
1 large pork shoulder
1 large onion
salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 jar of your favorite clean salsa
Place the pork shoulder into the crock pot and season with liberal amounts of salt,pepper,cumin and chili powder.
Add the tomatoes and salsa and top with the onion cut up into large pieces.
Set your slow cooker on low for 6 hours. a bit


Use two forks to pull the pork apart, taste to make sure the seasonings are just right and dig in!






1 comments:

Trixie said...

Can I have the recipe for your veggie slaw?

Post a Comment