CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Swedish Pancakes

Growing up my mom used to make my family a breakfast that she called Swedish pancakes (Ive also seen them be called dutch babies). They were always one of my favorites; Fluffy, sweet and covered in apple syrup was how we liked em'. I wanted to re-invent this childhood memory in a clean form which meant getting rid of the sugar, white flour and milk. I am happy to report that my Paleo version turned out great and I think even mom would be proud!

Dutch Babies with Raspberry Sauce

For the pancakes:
1/4 C. Coconut Flour
6 TBSP Arrowroot
1/2 tsp. Salt
8 Eggs
1 C. Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla

Mix all your wet ingredients together, Slowly add in the dry ingredients and whisk rapidly for at least 1 minute. Thank goodness we all have big crossfit muscles!

Pour batter into a well greased 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pancakes become fluffy and start to climb up the side of the pan like this:

Raspberry Sauce:
2 C. Frozen Raspberries
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Orange
Heat the Raspberries in a sauce pan until they are thawed. Zest the orange and add it to the berries along with the honey. Serve warm over the pancakes.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I just have to correct you Dutch Babies and Swedish Pancakes are not the same at all... Dutch Babies are typically baked and they create one big fluffy pancake as you have show above.. Swedish Pancakes are very thing individual pancakes baked on a cast iron griddle on the stove top.... but I am glad you found an alt. to regular Dutch Babies

Post a Comment