CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pork Thyme

I was in a rush and trying to use up some of the random stuff I had in my fridge. I knew I wanted to use the crock pot, but I didn't have all day in fact it was 3:00 I wanted to be eating by 6:30. So here's what I came up with. I have to say it was really good. I had my sister over for dinner and she loved it!
Crock pot Pork with Apples
1 Onion-diced
4 Cloves garlic- minced or pressed
2 Apples-diced
1 lb Pork loin or chops-cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 TBSP Dijon
1 C. Chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Fennel seed
1 Head cauliflower- riced in food processor
Seer the outside of the pork in a little olive oil with onions and garlic in a saucepan. Don't worry about it being cooked all the way, just get a nice crust on the pork and bring out the flavor of the garlic. Put in the bottom of a crock pot.


Make a sauce by mixing the broth, spices, and mustard together. Pour over the Pork and onions that are in the crock pot. Cook on low for 2 hours. Add the apples and cook for 1 hour more.


Serve over the cauliflower rice.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This looks yummy, keep up with the slow cooker recipes. I love using my slow cooker, in fact I have buffalo chili simmering away right now.

Jenn Shell said...

oh yum buffalo chili!!! That sounds great too. I agree slow cooking recipes are a necessity in my schedule too!

Post a Comment