CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Monday, February 28, 2011

Out Of This World Banana Bread

I brought some of this banana bread to Crossfit a few months age, Dan, Jenn, Scott and I all indulged after our WOD. I wanted to share the recipe, maybe you can indulge after your WOD too! It is a good source of healthy fats after all...

Banana Bread
1 Large Ripe Banana
1 C. Almond Butter
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 C. Honey
1/3 C. Walnuts
1 Egg
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients excluding the walnuts in a bowl until smooth

Make it look like this:
try not to eat too much batter=)...

Pour the batter into a greased 8x8 inch pan, sprinkle with the walnuts, and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until they are firm in the center.


Cut and share with your fellow crossfitters, they will love you for it!





4 comments:

Smalls said...

looks awesome...i have something that may be able to compete though...but i will def be trying yours this week

http://paleojustdoit.blogspot.com/2011/02/banana-pumpkin-pecan-muffins.html

Jenn Shell said...

That looks amazing I can't wait to try it on my next refeed!!

Jenn Shell said...

Made this for an afternoon snack and can't get enough it's better than banana bread with wheat flour! So moist and thick I LOVE IT! Gonna try adding some cocoa to it (like Carley suggested).

Anonymous said...

This has become a weekend staple for my refeed and my family LOVE IT!!

Post a Comment