CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stuffed!

Here I go with the squash again! I just cant get enough of this stuff, at least its good for you. I used some of the Aidells sausages that I got from our local Grocery Outlet for a screaming deal.


Recipe for 2:
1 Acorn squash
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Green bell pepper
1/2 Onion
10 Stalks asparagus
2-3 Sausage links- I used chicken apple
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1 TBSP Curry powder
1 lime

Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and bake or microwave in a little water until its soft.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet. Slice the sausages and fry in the hot oil until they start to get a little crispy and browned. Chop and add all the veggies to the skillet. Add the spices and cook until the veggies are tender.

Scoop the veggies into the cavity of the squash and serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the top.




0 comments:

Post a Comment