CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Favorite Fall Flavors


Fall has officially arrived in North Idaho this week and I personally am LOVING IT! I love grilling, salads and fresh fruit in the summer, but by the time fall comes soup and warm comfort foods come my way! I love any food that seems like a treat, but is actually good for you like sweet potatoes and butternut squash. This is the perfect time for squash most stores will be having sales on it and you can get fresh organic butternut squash at the Farmers market for .37 cents a LB! And look at some of these handy uses I found for butternut squash:








As cool as the skull is, I personally like mine roasted in the oven for about 1 hour at 400 degrees and sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg before digging into it in right out of the skin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment