CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Friday, October 15, 2010

Bacon Sweet Potato Mash

Oh man this was G-O-O-D good!!! One of my me and my husband's favorite clean recipes to date! Keep this one in mind for Thanksgiving-Paleo style. Scary that its not too far away right?!?!? I got the base for this recipe from a blog that I really like and changed it up a little can you say MORE bacon...

4 Sweet Potatoes peeled, diced and boiled or steamed until soft
1 LB Bacon
1 Red Onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp Cinnamon
Sea salt and pepper to your taste


Dice your bacon and cook on high heat until it is about 1/2 way cooked, drain off most of the grease and add your onions. Cook until the onions are limp and caramelized and the bacon is nice and crispy about 5-8 minutes should make it look like this:



Put your sweet potatoes in a big bowl or a kitchen aid if you have one and mash them until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and season to your liking. I served them with pork chops smothered in onions and applesauce with cinnamon and a few plumped raisins. It was a meal fit for a king and a good re-feed for a bad @$$ Crossfitter.









2 comments:

Jenn Shell said...

So we call Brooky the Baconator, because she LOVES her bacon ssssoooo much!!! So we figured bacon and sweet potatoes would be a hit. Brook says: "that was a good idea,and it was one of my favorite thing you made."

Carley said...

Brooklyn, I will do my best to feature more bacon recipes becuase I LOVE BACON too!!! Im glad you liked it =)

Post a Comment