CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Attack of the Sugar Monster!



When you have an attack from the sugar monster and you need a little sweet pick me up reach for a " Better than Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. " If you came to the gym dock party a few months ago these are one of the cookies I made and brought to share. They are really good and have just the right amount of sweetness and as a bonus they are pretty darn easy to make.


2 C. Almond flour

1/2 C. Coconut

1/2 C. Raisins

1/4 C Applesauce

1 tsp Baking soda

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Nutmeg

2 Eggs

3/4 C. Chopped walnuts

1/4 C. Honey (optional)


Mix all the dry ingredients and spices, add the eggs, applesauce and honey if you are using it. mix well and add remaining ingredients. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.


6 comments:

Jenn Shell said...

These are GREAT!!!! Loved them! And I love the pic cracked me up.

Carley said...

I thought it was a pretty accurate picture of how I feel when I want no make that need sweets!

Jenn Shell said...

HAHAHAH yeah mine looks more like a hairy horned monster w/crazy dizzy eyes

Tiffany White said...

I made these and the pumpkin muffins this weekend. Tony was scepticle but in the end he couldnt keep his hands off them :)

Carley said...

Oh good! I love hearing when the recipes are made and loved, it makes it all seem worth while!

Jenn Shell said...

Thats great Tiffany, I made them this weekend too and Brook had the great idea of putting pumpkin in this recipe for pumpkin spice cookies. We're trying it next time. Yummy!!!!

Post a Comment