CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sun dried Tomato Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash and Shrimpies

I think this is my favorite Paleo meal to date. Scott even had some and said you would never known it was made with coconut milk instead of heavy cream! You could make this over a bed of cauliflower "rice", kelp noodles or spaghetti squash as I did here. I had never had spaghetti squash and it was very very VERY good. I will definitely use it again! I'm looking forward to cooking some fall flavors pretty soon.


There are several ways you can cook a spaghetti squash the method I used seemed to be the easiest and with it being so hot the coolest as well! I cut the squash in half and put if flat side down in a small Pyrex dish with a splash of water and microwaved it covered with saran wrap for 20 minutes. It looked like this:

You can also bake it using the same method minus the saran wrap in a 350 degree oven for an hour. It is done when you can scape the inside and it comes out easily it will look like spaghetti and smell like a fall day!


Alfredo sauce:
1 tsp. Olive oil
4 Cloves garlic
3/4 C Chicken broth
1/2 tsp. Arrowroot (as a thickener)
1 tsp Sea salt
Fresh pepper
1/4 C Sun dried tomatoes chopped
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 Can Coconut milk
1 lb Shrimp (de-veined and shelled)
Cook your shrimp in the olive oil and garlic, set aside. In the same pan add the chicken broth and whisk in the arrowroot. Once thickened add the coconut milk, seasoning and tomatoes. Add the shrimp back in and simmer until the sauce has become thick and yummy about 5-8 minutes.
Drum roll please... here is the final product soooo gooood!


1 comments:

Jenn Shell said...

OMG Carley that looks amazing I can't keep up with all your recipes! Im shooting for this one next week MMMMMM cause alfredo is my fav!

Post a Comment