CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chicken and Leeks



I had never had leeks before and had always wonded what they tasted like and what to do with them. With a little research I found out that they are part of the onion family and pair really well with bacon and other fatty type meats. I also found out that when useing themyou need to chop them first and soak them in a bowl of water because they harbor alot of sand in their leaves.
I got this recipe from My Paleo Kitchen and modified it a little bit. It was very rich and filling. Also I figured it cost only about $2.50 a serving and it was very simple to make!

2 Leeks- chopped
Pepper
1 Tbsp Fresh thyme
4 Chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon

Place your leeks into a dutch oven or a casserole dish if you don't have one. Season with 1/2 the thyme and the pepper. Season your chicken with the other 1/2 of the spices and wrap with the bacon put your chicken right on top of the leeks. Put into a 35o degree oven for 1 hr covered. take off the cover and broil until the bacon is crisp it will take about 5 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment