CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hold The Beans Please!


Chili Paleo Style
This is so good! If you like things spicy I made 2 batches one I added a large can of green chili and cayenne pepper instead of the chili powder it had a kick to it! If you are not a fan of spicy I would go for the recipe as written below.
2# Ground beef
1/2# Stew meat
1/4 C Olive oil
2 med. Chopped zucchini
3-4 C Chopped mushrooms
1 Red onion chopped
6 Cloves garlic minced
1 28oz Can diced tomatoes
1 Can tomato paste
3-4 C chicken stock
4 Tbsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Cumin
Cook the ground beef and stew meat and drain. Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil. add the remaining veggies, canned items, spices and meat. Add chicken stock until it is your desired thickness, I like mine with a little less stock so its nice and thick. Simmer in a large pot 45 min or all afternoon if you forget about it like I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment