CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BBQ Season


I got this recipe from the Son of Grok blog and modified it a little bit to suite me. I like it really spicy so I added Cayenne but if you like a milder flavor you can substitute the Cayenne pepper with Chili Powder in the recipe just add 2 TBSP instead of 1 tsp. I used it on Pork Ribs ( I know you love it Jenn!) it was so good and gave them some really nice flavors!
Zesty BBQ Sauce
6 oz Tomato paste
1 1/2- 2 C Chicken stock
3ish Cloves garlic
1/2 Onion
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Salt
Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and translucent. add your spices, mustard and vinegar. Stir in the tomato paste until blended and add stock until its your desired thickness. Simmer on the stove 30 minutes.


1 comments:

Jenn Shell said...

Oh you know me so well, those look fantastic. I've been looking for a BBQ sauce recipe that I liked cant wait to try this one.

Post a Comment